Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chad La Joie <cl...@vt.edu> on 2003/07/22 15:07:17 UTC

Pool project still active

Is the Pool project still active?  I noticed a bug dealing with the max
active connection behavior that was patched about a year ago, but no
release was made incoporating that change.  Is there any activity in
that group, and if so could you please releae a 1.0.2 release that
contains this and other bug fixes, or comment on whether the nightly
builds are production quality.  Thanks.
--
Chad La Joie
Project Manager                (540) 231-6853

Re: Pool project still active

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Chad La Joie wrote:

> Is the Pool project still active?

Yes.

> I noticed a bug dealing with the max
> active connection behavior that was patched about a year ago, but no
> release was made incoporating that change.  Is there any activity in
> that group,

There has been significant activity in DBCP, which depends upon pool.  I
would expect that a DBCP release be couple with a new pool release as
well.  There has been some discussion of pool and a lot of dbcp on the dev
list, if you'd like to browse the archives.

> and if so could you please releae a 1.0.2 release that
> contains this and other bug fixes,

The HEAD version is not fully compatiable with the 1.0 release, so this
would have to be a 2.0 release.

> or comment on whether the nightly
> builds are production quality.

IMO, yes.  The answer might depend upon your precise needs.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>