Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Alessandro Spinuso <sp...@knmi.nl> on 2007/04/25 15:47:31 UTC

Remote Portlet configuration doEdit

Hi

I`m looking for a way to allow personalization of remote portlets within the
doEdit action.

I am able to get the information about the user name within a portlet
deployed in wsrp4j using this hint
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSRP4J-49?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12359082

then I get the username in my jsf portlet with

FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
ExternalContext ec = fc.getExternalContext();
String givenName = ((RenderRequest)ec.getRequest()).getRemoteUser();

Now that could be enough to allow a user to change the configuration of the
remote portlet storing the parameters on a DB and usingthe username as a
key.

The question is.. if I have more consumers, they can have the same
usernames.. could be an idea having a portletTable within the db with a key
(registrationHandle,username), assuming that I can consider it as a key.

Some ideas? is there any technique already available to do that?Am I on the
wrong way?

Can I  access to the registationContext within a portlet?

I was thinking about adopting the same technique proposed in the link I`ve
just posted.. but which method of the RenderRequest should I implement
within the WSRPServletRequestWrapperImpl class?

I`d like to find a "polilically correct" way to do it!

thaks!