Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Alwyn Mok <c2...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/05 08:22:52 UTC

Unable to get log4cxx-1.0.0 via vcpkg

Hi Sir/Mdm,

Following the instruction in build-vcpkg.md (Building with vcpkg
{#build-vcpkg})

The default version of log4cxx used is apache-log4cxx-0.13.0 instead of
apache-log4cxx-1.0.0

How may I obtain apache-log4cxx-1.0.0 via vcpkg, in order to build into a
.dll file?

Thanks in advance,

Alwyn Mok

Re: Unable to get log4cxx-1.0.0 via vcpkg

Posted by Robert Middleton <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here's a sample project that works for me on linux, it should work on
Windows as well(or at least be easy to modify):
https://github.com/rm5248/log4cxx-vcpkg

If you want to build manually, you'll need to build APR, APR-util, and
expat.  This issue has some notes on it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-510
It is complicated to do manually, so I do not recommend it.

I'll see about updating the version in vcpkg.

-Robert Middleton

Posted by Alwyn Mok <c2...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Middleton <os...@gmail.com>.