Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/15 16:17:25 UTC

SSLSocket.getALPN()

Hi,

We are using SSLSocket.getALPN() but in fact that belongs to SSL
according to the C code, should we move that to SSL and use the
netty-tc-native code there?

SSL.getAlpnSelected() would do the trick,

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: SSLSocket.getALPN()

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 06/15/2015 04:25 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 15/06/2015 15:17, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using SSLSocket.getALPN() but in fact that belongs to SSL
>> according to the C code, should we move that to SSL and use the
>> netty-tc-native code there?
>
> I don't understand. ALPN is negotiated per socket and all the per socket
> methods are in SSLSocket.
>
> What is the justification for moving it?

None... I am starting to think that SSL.getAlpnSelected() might not be
working the way I though. I will keep both method and leave a note in
getAlpnSelected().

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: SSLSocket.getALPN()

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 15/06/2015 15:17, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using SSLSocket.getALPN() but in fact that belongs to SSL
> according to the C code, should we move that to SSL and use the
> netty-tc-native code there?

I don't understand. ALPN is negotiated per socket and all the per socket
methods are in SSLSocket.

What is the justification for moving it?

Mark