Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jack jones <bs...@live.com> on 2009/04/03 00:21:10 UTC

Pop up window after file upload

Hi,
I am trying to create a pop-up window to display some feedback after a bulk upload. The pop-up window needs to be created using a submitLink not a BookmarkablePageLink, I have tried using a BookmarkablPageLink but you cannot not override the onClick() method, also it cannot be an ajax pop-up because I am using a file upload. The code would be something like this:

add(new SubmitLink("add"){     public void onSubmit() {           FileUpload upload = fileUploadField.getFileUpload();
           List feedback = myService.doSomethingWithUpload(upload);                   if(feedback.size()> 0 )                  Create a popup window to display the feedback.           }});

Do you know how this can be achieved?
Thanks in advance.

RE: Pop up window after file upload

Posted by jack jones <bs...@live.com>.
Yes, that was my main problem I didn't have an AjaxRequestTarget to load the Modal window. I'll try using a AjaxSelfUpdatingtimer or lazyLoadPanel in the response page constructor.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.

Posted by jack jones <bs...@live.com>.
No one has replied, does this mean it can't be done?

> From: bshd123@live.com
> To: users@wicket.apache.org
> Subject: Pop up window after file upload
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 22:21:10 +0000
>

> Hi,
> I am trying to create a pop-up window to display some feedback after a bulk upload. The pop-up window needs to be created using a submitLink not a BookmarkablePageLink, I have tried using a BookmarkablPageLink but you cannot not override the onClick() method, also it cannot be an ajax pop-up because I am using a file upload. The code would be something like this:
>
> add(new SubmitLink("add"){     public void onSubmit() {           FileUpload upload = fileUploadField.getFileUpload();
>            List feedback = myService.doSomethingWithUpload(upload);                   if(feedback.size()> 0 )                  Create a popup window to display the feedback.           }});
>
> Do you know how this can be achieved?
> Thanks in advance.
> Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.
> http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Storage1_042009

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

Re: Pop up window after file upload

Posted by Kevin Logue <ke...@viableoptions.ie>.
It could probably be done using an AjaxSelfUpdatingBehavior, though
you'll need to off load the actual uploading to a separate thread. Once
the upload is complete set some flag/messages in the session and have
the behaviour show the modal window based upon this(could use a second
behaviour on the modal window to refresh its status). There's a few
tutorials on the web about creating a custom progress bar for uploading,
I think what you're trying to achieve isn't a million miles away from
it. However I'm relatively new to wicket so I'm unsure if this is the
best course of action(or if its even condoned!)

--

Kevin Logue

[t]            +353 (0) 42 939 1039

[e]           kevin@viableoptions.ie <ma...@viableoptions.ie>