Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Boon Low <bo...@brightsolid.com> on 2012/06/18 14:10:24 UTC

SolrCloud non-distributed indexing (update.chain)

Hi,

What's happening to the update.chain of SolrCloud?

I am running SolrCloud (compiled from trunk today) with an update.chain pointing to an updateRequestProcessorChain in solrconfig which omits the DistributedUpdateProcessorFactory, so that indexing can be done on specific shards (not distributed).

This works previously but not in the recent builts (e.g. since 6th June..). I noticed the additional update parameters such as "update.distrib" being logged across the cloud nodes:

...update.distrib=TOLEADER.... update.chain=notdistributed

I tried update.distrib=NONE. The indexing still being distributed and ignoring the update.chain (as specified below in Solr config).

	<updateRequestProcessorChain name="notdistributed">
		<processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
      		<processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
	</updateRequestProcessorChain>

How do I get the above chain and non-distributed indexing to work again?

Regards,

Boon

-----
Boon Low
Search UX and Engine Developer (SOLR)
brightsolid Online Publishing

"brightsolid" is used in this email to collectively mean brightsolid online innovation limited and its subsidiary companies brightsolid online publishing limited and brightsolid online technology limited.
findmypast.co.uk is a brand of brightsolid online publishing limited.
brightsolid online innovation limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee Technology Park, Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC274983.
brightsolid online publishing limited, The Glebe, 6 Chapel Place, Rivington Street, London EC2A 3DQ. Registered in England No. 04369607.
brightsolid online technology limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee Technology Park, Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC161678.

Email Disclaimer

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form part of a contract or unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of brightsolid shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
This email has been scanned by the brightsolid Email Security System. Powered by MessageLabs

Re: SolrCloud non-distributed indexing (update.chain)

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think this was changed by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2822

Add NoOpDistributingUpdateProcessorFactory to your chain to avoid distrib update 'action' being auto injected.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com