Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Alexander Zhukov <al...@ukrpost.net> on 2002/03/03 15:53:29 UTC

imapserver ldapuserstore multiple domains

Hi all!

I'd like to add imap support back to the James.

I cvsed the code looked it thru and saw that james lacks the features i
need in the following "modules":
1. imap
2. ldapuserstore
3. support for multiple domains

A question:
Does james support multiple domains?
i tried to create user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com but mail is
delievered to one and the same folder - so i conclude james has
_partial_ multi-domain support or did i miss something?

Few things i did:

I have rewritten from scratch the UsersLDAPRepository.java to add some
multidomain support, i also hacked a bit the James.java. One more thing
- i added the imap support to the James.java (from proposals/).
mime encoder in DigestUtil.digestString doesnt pad the encoded string
that's why when you add the user to ldaprepository you cant bind to ldap
with that user - i made (rather ugly) work around on this bug(?).

You can download the modifications from http://may.priocom.com:8080/james/

some comments:
UsersLDAPRepository.java
i dont use the config right know all the settings are compiled in :( i'm
going to fix it ASAP

DigestUtil.java
i guess util.Base64 is better because it _tries_ to pad the output
however it adds "A" instead of "=" at the end of encoded string :(

James.java
wont work out of the box because i'm working on imap support

Regards
Alexander Zhukov