Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 08:49:58 UTC

Re: Maven. Issues with flatten plugin

Nikolay,

Can you describe your problem and desired behaviour more thoroughly, please?

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Petr, Pavel.

Petr, huge thanks for a Team City configuration! It really helps!

After couple iteration of Team City configuring for a new maven it almost done.

I see maven version error in:

1. Ignite Platform CPP Linux [1]
2. Ignite Platform .NET NuGet [2]

Seems like maven runed some kind of script in this plans, not standard Team City way.

Pavel, can you, as a .net integration maintainer, take a look?
For a new version of flatten plugin we have to use maven 3.2.5 of higher.
Can you fix it in .net tests?

[1] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=1125146&buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_IgnitePlatformCppLinux&tab=buildLog&_focus=1933
[2] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewLog.html?buildId=1125149&buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_IgnitePlatformNetNuGet&tab=buildLog&_focus=733

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Folks, thank you!

I hope now we can now avoid transitive dependencies enlisting in each
module. It will remove odd work from test development.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, guys.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Petr, thank you.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Petr.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Dmitry.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Petr,

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Petr.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

> I don't get what is the point.
> Did you try to reproduce issue?
> Or should I provide full traces to you?

My point in inability to fully understand and describe the problem in terms of mechanism which causes it.
For now I can see only indirect guessing.

And yes, I’ve run your commands and both times (in spark module directory and in root) it produces the same result:

1.
ignite (master) $ JAVA_HOME="$(/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8)" mvn install -U -Plgpl,examples,scala,-clean-libs,-release,ml -Dtest=org.apache.ignite.testsuites.IgniteRDDTestSuite -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -DfailIfNoTests=false
[INFO] Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 47.071 s - in org.apache.ignite.testsuites.IgniteRDDTestSuite
[WARNING] The requested profile "ml" could not be activated because it does not exist.

2.
ignite/modules/spark (master) $ JAVA_HOME="$(/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8)" mvn install -U -Plgpl,examples,scala,-clean-libs,-release,ml -Dtest=org.apache.ignite.testsuites.IgniteRDDTestSuite -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -DfailIfNoTests=false
[INFO] Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 53.468 s - in org.apache.ignite.testsuites.IgniteRDDTestSuite

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
> Which pom.xml? From the module modules/spark?

Yes.

> As I understand maven, test will be executed using dependencies from the
reactor, not from local repository.

I don't get what is the point.
Did you try to reproduce issue?
Or should I provide full traces to you?

> What am I missing?

I see that whole build process is done in a very strange way.
Because of flatten plugin.

I described and able reproduce(both locally and on TC) specific issues that
turns whole pom.xml into the mess.
I'm pretty sure that source of issue is flatten plugin.
I'm not the first person who got this errors.

My propositions are:

1. Let's discuss how we should fix it.
2. Let's fix it!

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
>> Anton, Vyacheslav — are you proposing assembly process shift to package phase, yet leaving the special profile for assembly itself?

I'm talking about compile and package processes like it has been until
2.1 release.

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: Maven. Issues with flatten plugin

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: Maven. Issues with flatten plugin

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
 Nikolay,

Sure, I think we have to create IEP "Assembly and Release cleanup and
simplification".

I see some issues can be attached to this IEP
- Fabric word removal
- Flatten plugin removal (in possible)
- Ignite should be assemblied using package phase, not install in case you
want only to assembly it.
- Obsolete/unused/odd profiles removal
- scala 2.10 modules removal (if possible)
- Assembly simplification (get rid of ant scripts inside pom)
- Version update should be presented as sh script instead
of update-versions profile
- TeamCity repease procedure should be cleaned up (inc. RPM logic)
- etc.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
May be it will be enough to add a profile to parent pom.xml which activates on deploy stage only.

Yet, I still do not get a mechanism that causes a problem. What pom.xml becomes flattened, what is removed from it and how it effects other modules of the same project?

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Andrey, thank you.

Posted by Andrey Novikov <an...@apache.org>.
Nikolay,