Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bryand <bd...@simon.com> on 2017/05/05 12:01:24 UTC

QueueReceiver only receives first 400 messages

We recently upgraded from ActiveMQ 5.9.0 to  5.14.4.  After this upgrade when
we use a QueueReceiver to browse a Queue, we only receive the top (first)
400 messages.  Prior to the upgrade we would receive all messages from the
Queue.  I've tried using a high prefetch (consumer.prefetchSize=1000 in the
destination name) but it isn't helping return all messages.

Is this a bug that got introduced somewhere between 5.9 and 5.14?

Is there a way we can retrieve all messages after this upgrade?

Thanks

Re: QueueReceiver only receives first 400 messages

Posted by Bryand <bd...@simon.com>.
I found a destination policy of maxBrowsePageSize (set to 400 by default) was
introduced in some release after 5.9.0 that is causing this behavior.  I've
raised that limit and now a QueueBrowser will return the correct number of
messages.   Now I'm trying to figure out what we should set the max to so we
can browse all (most?) messages without memory issues with ActiveMQ.