Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hehl, Thomas" <Th...@acs-inc.com> on 2009/12/15 21:09:57 UTC

Could not explode webapp

I'm still new to Maven.

When building my web project, I get the following messages:

[INFO] Assembling webapp agilejury-frontend in
D:\juror\agilejury-frontend\target\agilejury-frontend-0.5

[ERROR]

The following mojo encountered an error while executing:

Group-Id: org.apache.maven.plugins

Artifact-Id: maven-war-plugin

Version: 2.0

Mojo: war

brought in via: packaging: war

While building project:

Group-Id: com.acs.gs.juror

Artifact-Id: agilejury-frontend

Version: 0.5

>From file: D:\juror\agilejury-frontend\pom.xml

Reason: Could not explode webapp...

This is coming from the plugin:

                  <plugin>

                  <version>2.0</version>

                  <configuration>

                        <webResources>

                              <resource>

                                    <!-- this is relative to the pom.xml
directory -->

                                    <directory>war</directory>

                                          <includes>

<include>**/*.css</include>

<include>**/*.gif</include>

<include>**/*.html</include>

<include>**/*.jpg</include>

                                              <include>**/*.js</include>

<include>**/*.png</include>

<include>**/*.rpc</include>

<include>**/*.swf</include>

<include>**/*.xml</include>

                                          </includes>

                              </resource>

                        </webResources>

                  </configuration>

                  </plugin>

And I don't understand why I'm getting an error when I'm creating a war
and not exploding one.

RE: Could not explode webapp

Posted by "Hehl, Thomas" <Th...@acs-inc.com>.
OK, had other issues and got sidetracked. Now back to this one:

I ran this with debug and got the following messages:

[DEBUG] dissociating all components from managed ClassRealm with id:
/plugins/org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.4.2@48/thread:
main
[ERROR]

The following mojo encountered an error while executing:
Group-Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
Artifact-Id: maven-war-plugin
Version: 2.0
Mojo: war
brought in via: packaging: war

While building project:
Group-Id: com.acs.gs.juror
Artifact-Id: agilejury-frontend
Version: 0.5
>From file: D:\juror\agilejury-frontend\pom.xml
Reason: Could not explode webapp...

java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\juror\agilejury-service\target\classes
(Access is denied)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:796)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.copyFileIfModified(AbstractW
arMojo.java:866)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.
java:508)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Abstract
WarMojo.java:344)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.performPackaging(WarMojo.java:167)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:133)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:579)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:498)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmentFo
rProject(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:265)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:191)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:149)
	at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody0(DefaultMaven.java:223)
	at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultMaven.ja
va:304)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:1)
	at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody2(MavenEmbedde
r.java:904)
	at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody3$advice(Maven
Embedder.java:304)
	at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:1)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launche
r.java:289)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:2
29)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launc
her.java:408)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:351
)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:31)

Error stacktrace:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error
in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0:war': Mojo execution
failed.
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:505)
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Mojo
execution failed.
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:601)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:498)
	... 20 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Could not
explode webapp...
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Abstract
WarMojo.java:348)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.performPackaging(WarMojo.java:167)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:133)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:579)
	... 21 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
D:\juror\agilejury-service\target\classes (Access is denied)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:796)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.copyFileIfModified(AbstractW
arMojo.java:866)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.
java:508)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Abstract
WarMojo.java:344)
	... 24 more

I thought about this some, and ran from the command prompt and it works
fine. It appears that the issue has something to do with the fact that
I'm running maven inside of eclipse and eclipse hides the classes
directory.

What I don't' understand is why the service classes directory is being
accessed at all. I'm building front-end. Why doesn't it just grab the
stuff it needs from the repository and build my war file?

should provide you with more details so that you can troubleshoot.

/Anders

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 21:09, Hehl, Thomas <Th...@acs-inc.com>
wrote:

> I'm still new to Maven.
>

> When building my web project, I get the following messages:
>

> [INFO] Assembling webapp agilejury-frontend in
> D:\juror\agilejury-frontend\target\agilejury-frontend-0.5
>
> [ERROR]
>

> The following mojo encountered an error while executing:
>
> Group-Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
>
> Artifact-Id: maven-war-plugin
>
> Version: 2.0
>
> Mojo: war
>
> brought in via: packaging: war
>

> While building project:
>
> Group-Id: com.acs.gs.juror
>
> Artifact-Id: agilejury-frontend
>
> Version: 0.5
>
> From file: D:\juror\agilejury-frontend\pom.xml
>
> Reason: Could not explode webapp...
>

> This is coming from the plugin:
>

>                  <plugin>
>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>
>                  <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>
>                  <version>2.0</version>
>
>                  <configuration>
>
>                        <webResources>
>
>                              <resource>