Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/11 18:25:39 UTC

Calling a resource from a sub-sitemap

Hi,

I read from the mailing list archives that you can only call a resource from
the current sitemap. Has this behavior changed ? If not, are there plans to
change it?

I would find usefull to be able to reuse resources from parents sitemap.

Re: Calling a resource from a sub-sitemap

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 11.01.2004 18:25, Oscar Picasso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read from the mailing list archives that you can only call a resource from
> the current sitemap. Has this behavior changed ? If not, are there plans to
> change it?
>
> I would find usefull to be able to reuse resources from parents sitemap.

No, it has not changed. AFAIK there was an agreement, that it is a good
feature, but implementing it at the moment is (to) complicated. I don't
know if I remember correctly: the implementation with the new container
(Fortress in Cocoon 2.2) shall be easier. Please search the archives or
ask on the developers list for details.

Joerg