Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/02 21:04:40 UTC

A few assorted things

Hey folks,

* If you haven't seen already, Avatica is no longer in the calcite.git
repo, but in a sister calcite-avatica.git repo.
* I've permanently allowed both Jenkins and Github emails to be sent to
the dev list. If we want these elsewhere, we can consider that.
* I've consolidated the Jenkins jobs for Avatica in
https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Calcite-Avatica-Master/. This
single job will build across JDK7, 8, and 9.

- Josh

Re: A few assorted things

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
PRs are tied to JIRA cases based on the git commit message containing the
project name and JIRA number (i.e. CALCITE-####). This will cause PR
comment to generate JIRA comments. You may need to file an infra ticket to
get this setup.

Re: A few assorted things

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Josh Elser wrote:
> Julian Hyde wrote:
>> I fear that GitHub review comments will push the traffic unacceptably
>> higher. (We fix about 100 issues in a 3 month release, and if each of
>> those has 3 review comments, that\u2019s 100 extra emails on the list per
>> month.) Since pull requests are almost always associated with a JIRA
>> case, I would rather that only people who have chosen to watch that
>> JIRA case get notified. I don\u2019t know whether it\u2019s possible to tie PRs
>> to JIRA cases.
>
> That's a very real fear :)
>
> I would assume that it's possible to remove Github emails to the dev
> list and instead rely on the JIRA comments automatically placed by the
> Github integration. I think the only downside here is that pull requests
> could be "lost" if the creator doesn't put a JIRA id in the pull-request
> subject line.
>
> I can file a JIRA issue asking if the dev-list emails piece are an
> "optional" component of the github integration. Otherwise, I can
> un-moderate the chatter (and just set up a filter to not bug me :D)

I hit the threshold myself :)

calcite-avatica.git Github email to dev@ should be going to /dev/null
(per Pono @asfinfra). We'll now just get them once via the JIRA
commenting. I don't _recall_ seeing the same for calcite.git, but if
that is the case, it's an easy ask in the hipchat room.

Re: A few assorted things

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: A few assorted things

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.