Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by PROME Christophe <ch...@thalesgroup.com> on 2011/08/30 14:51:01 UTC

Enable Compression

Hello

I am using OpenCMIS to upload a 140 Mb XML file to an Alfresco repository with SOAP.
I am trying without success to enable Client Compression.

According to http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-session-parameters.html we need to set CLIENT_COMPRESSION to "true" in order to activate the compression.
Unfortunately, I don't find this parameter in the SessionParameter class.

So I did the following :

params.put("org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.clientcompression","true");

But it doesn't seem to have any effect. The upload takes the same time as when the compression is turned off and the same amount of data is transferred (according to TOMCAT manager).
TOMCAT is configured to accept GZIP compression.

My question are:
Is the compression implemented ? (I am using OpenCMIS 0.4.0)
If yes, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Christophe

Re: Enable Compression

Posted by Thomas Zeeman <tj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Not sure if this accounts for what you'ld call a roadmap, but I found this
on the Chemistry Jira instance a little while back:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel
According
to that there are still 4 issues that need to be solved before 0.5.0 will be
released.

On another note, there's also another thread on this list from a few weeks
back that basically says 'any moment now'. Someone else pinged about the
status just yet.

Once 0.5.0 is there you would still need to verify if the version shipped
with Alfresco (0.1.0-incubating in the 3.4 series from what I've seen) can
either already supports it on the server side or if it can safely be
replaced by it.

HTH,
Thomas

RE: Enable Compression

Re: Enable Compression

Posted by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Christophe,

RE: Enable Compression

Posted by "Speakman, Randy" <ra...@fmr.com>.
Actually I gave you bad information. You were using the correct value for the key. Please ignore what I said previously.

Thanks,

Randy

I think the problem is that the key should be "CLIENT_COMPRESSION" and not "org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.clientcompression".

Thanks,

Randy

RE: Enable Compression

Posted by "Speakman, Randy" <ra...@fmr.com>.