Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/03/30 03:35:24 UTC

httpd v2.0 compile fails with mod_so on Linux

Hi all,

(fudging config.m4 to remove mod_auth-digest that refuses to compile)

When I try to configure the latest head of v2.0 with the following line,
it bombs out further down with an error:

./configure  --enable-mods-shared=all

checking whether to enable mod_userdir... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_alias... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_rewrite... shared (all)
configure: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built
since mod_so cannot be built

Again, I have attached config.log - any clues?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: httpd v2.0 compile fails with mod_so on Linux

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Can you try with some well-used autoconf instead of "GNU Autoconf 2.57"
> and see if whatever is happening is related to the autoconf version?

I checked out a fresh copy of the source tree (as opposed to cvs
update'ing my existing tree) and the problems have gone away. I think
there were some files lying around from old compiles that were breaking
things.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Joe Orton wrote:

>>./configure  --enable-mods-shared=all
>>
>>checking whether to enable mod_userdir... shared (all)
>>checking whether to enable mod_alias... shared (all)
>>checking whether to enable mod_rewrite... shared (all)
>>configure: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built
>>since mod_so cannot be built
>>
>>Again, I have attached config.log - any clues?

>>configure:15185: /include/apr.h: No such file or directory
>>configure:15168: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built since mod_so cannot be built
>

> This is the same problem as in the other config.log you posted -
> APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE can't find apr.h, so all the checks for APR_HAS_foo
> are failing.
>
> Maybe try adding a "echo CPPFLAGS are $CPPFLAGS" line after:
>
> CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $INCLUDES"
>
> n APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE to see why not.

I tried this, but the configure script bombs out before this line so I
never get to see these values. Surely CPPFLAGS should be set before the
module checks? It looks like it is being set after the module checks,
which might explain why it is failing.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:35:24AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (fudging config.m4 to remove mod_auth-digest that refuses to compile)
>
> When I try to configure the latest head of v2.0 with the following line,
> it bombs out further down with an error:
>
> ./configure  --enable-mods-shared=all
>
> checking whether to enable mod_userdir... shared (all)
> checking whether to enable mod_alias... shared (all)
> checking whether to enable mod_rewrite... shared (all)
> configure: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built
> since mod_so cannot be built
>
> Again, I have attached config.log - any clues?
> configure:15185: /include/apr.h: No such file or directory
> configure:15168: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built since mod_so cannot be built

This is the same problem as in the other config.log you posted -
APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE can't find apr.h, so all the checks for APR_HAS_foo
are failing.

Maybe try adding a "echo CPPFLAGS are $CPPFLAGS" line after:

CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $INCLUDES"

n APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE to see why not.

joe