Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by drvillo <f....@gmail.com> on 2007/02/28 17:20:16 UTC

Messages are not consumed as expected with DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE

Hi

I'm seeing a strange behavior, I have configured a threadpool of 100 threads
with
activationspec.maxSessions=50 and acknowledgeMode="Dups-ok-acknowledge"

I have 200 messages to consume, and each message actually never gets
committed
when processed (let's say the transaction is left running).

Now I don't get why, despite the acknowledge mode, only 10 messages are sent
to the consumer.
It seems that the broker still waits for the ack so it doesn't send the
other messages.

Could somebody clarify if this is normal and if so, why?
Thanks a lot
Francesco