Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andy Dawson <an...@iti.upv.es> on 2006/08/01 11:34:00 UTC

Re: using the execution path as a variable

Hi Chris,

If this isnĀ“t useful/correct, hopefully the correction to my post may
also help me.

For Gui runs I created a variable like this:

   * FilePrefix =

Results/${TestCase}/Threads_${Threads}/Duration_${RunDuration}/${__time(YMDHMS)}/

The path is relative to the working path of JMeter, all of the variables
are also user defined (once) and substituted in the appropriate places.

For anything that generated an output I used it like this:

   * FilePath = ${FilePrefix}ResultErrors.jti

For none gui runs, I think the normal solution is to just specify the
working directory when launching the script.

HTH,

Andy
PS. Sorry you got this message twice - wrong button.

Posted by Chris Hansen <tc...@xmission.com>.
Thanks Andy!  I think you inadvertently answered my question with

> The path is relative to the working path of JMeter, all of the variables
> are also user defined (once) and substituted in the appropriate places.

since this means that my relative path (..\xmlresults) will always be
valid, regardless of which directory I have browsed to in the GUI.

thanks,

chris