Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Burbidge <mb...@adobe.com> on 2002/08/09 20:24:28 UTC

Background-color on element...

I applied a background-color property to an inline element and nothing
happens. If I cut and paste the same property to the enclosing <block> the
background color is applied.

The spec claims that background-color can be applied to any element.

Any idea what's going on?

Michael-

Re: Background-color on element...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Michael Burbidge wrote:
> I applied a background-color property to an inline element and nothing
> happens. If I cut and paste the same property to the enclosing <block> the
> background color is applied.
>
> The spec claims that background-color can be applied to any element.

The problem is that in FOP fo:inline is not fully
implemented, in fact, it doesn't any more than
fo:wrapper does - holding inheritable properties
for the text within. No borders, no background,
no padding.

J.Pietschmann