Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Iliffe <jo...@iliffe.ca> on 2010/02/24 01:29:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Spam:******, RE: [users@httpd] How do I pick up correct version of SSL

On Tue, 2010-23-02 at 09:23 +0000, daniel.goulder@and.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> Sorry it's the other way round.  The ldd command tells you which
> libraries that the linker will call at runtime when the binary is
> executed.
>
> Igor was correct
>
> If you want to specify the library you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> include the library you are after before execution
>
> To check what libraries will be linked, use ldd as Igor has specified.
>
> To check what libraries have been linked by a running PID, take a look
> at /proc/<pid>/maps
>
> Danny
>

> ________________________________

I seem to have started quite a flurry of comments here.

To summarize, am I correct in my understanding that I cannot use the
normal "with-ssl = <path to proper ssl>" in the compile and get the
correct result?

The issue here is that RHEL 5.4 comes with the current ssl (0.9.8l) BUT
for PCI compliance (this is an e-commerce site) I need to be able to
keep the version in use of ssl current.  Correct ssl version is one of
the things that gets checked on the quarterly scans.

Red Hat provides updates that do work but ONLY if your subscription has
not expired :-(

For other than Apache, I can just point the execution to the correct ssl
(/dir/ssl-0.9.8l) on the command line and the non-Red Hat version runs
OK, as one would expect.  Is there a way to make Apache load ssl on
demand like that?

John