Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kannan chandrasekaran <ck...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/07 20:19:56 UTC

Heap Settings suggestions

>From the Cassandra documentation @ riptano I see the following recommendation
for Heap size setting

MemtableThroughputInMB * 3 * (number of ColumnFamilies) + 1G + (size of internal
caches)

What if there is more than one keyspace in the system ? Assuming each keyspace
has the same number of column families, Can I linearly scale the above
recommendation to the number of keyspaces in the system .ie, if the "X" is the
heap size for a single keyspace and there are "Y" keyspaces, Is it recommended
to allocate "XY" as the max  Heap size ?  Please let me know.

Thanks
Kannan

PS: Thanks a lot for the documentation and recommendations.

Re: Heap Settings suggestions

Posted by kannan chandrasekaran <ck...@yahoo.com>.
Good point..

Thanks to both of you for the replies.
Kannan

Keep in mind that .7 and on will have per-CF settings for most things so there
will be even more control over the the tuning...

Posted by Matthew Dennis <md...@riptano.com>.

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.