Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/06 10:21:16 UTC

Another 2.x beta release

I'd like to get some of the 2.x changes since beta3 out in a release
so am thinking about doing a beta4 release. Does anyone have anything
coming up they would like the release to wait for, if not I'd like to
start soon. I'm suggesting beta4 as I don't think the current trunk is
quite ready for a 2.0 final and i expect it might take a little while
to get it up to scratch and i'd like a new release sooner. I'd be
happy to help start working towards the 2.0 release as well though if
anyone else has time for that as well.

   ...ant

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If I don't get them done by sunday night, then i don't want to hold this ...
>>>

>> Turns out the internet where i am is slow and flaky and I'm not making
>> fast progress on this so no one needs to worry about holding anything
>> up for now.
>>
>>   ...ant
>
> Thanks for the updates, we have brought up the current trunk to our
> environment successfully, so I'm done with the bug fixing part.
> I'm still working on the policy archetype, but that's not a must.
>
> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Shall I create a Java-SCA-2.0-Beta-4 to track what we want to get in.

In the hope that we will to a 2.0 release at some point we could try
and close down on some of the outstanding items that we've been
putting off and make 2.0 less painful?

Also, IIRC, we should be looking at CMS for the website. This will
likely be become more pressing if we want to make changes to the 2.0
pages.

Simon

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've done a little clean up to the point where a release tag would
> build and tag that and spun the release artifacts so we can see what
> they look like at present. They're up at:
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-Beta4-review/
>
> I haven't created a branch, for the time being we can do the release
> prep in trunk i think.
>
>   ...ant

Do you have any timeframe in mind for the release ?
I have two things I'd like to finish (probably around the weekend)
   - policy maven archetype
   - some bugs on rest binding + minor cleanup there..

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
Did anyone have a look at this or have any updates before i cut an RC1?

There are still a bunch of issues with things like the samples, but no
more so than was released in the last release so i'd like to ignore
them for now and get this release out as is, any objections to that?

   ...ant

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Re: Another 2.x beta release

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to get some of the 2.x changes since beta3 out in a release
>>> so am thinking about doing a beta4 release. Does anyone have anything
>>> coming up they would like the release to wait for, if not I'd like to
>>> start soon. I'm suggesting beta4 as I don't think the current trunk is
>>> quite ready for a 2.0 final and i expect it might take a little while
>>> to get it up to scratch and i'd like a new release sooner. I'd be
>>> happy to help start working towards the 2.0 release as well though if
>>> anyone else has time for that as well.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>
>> Sounds good. It's been a long time since the last Beta and doing
>> another one before 2.0 will give us a chance to get back into the
>> swing of doing a release.
>>
>> Is this you offering to RM a beta4?
>>

> Yes, though I'm not so keen on the RM label any more, especially so
> after some of the recent discussion on the Incubator mailing lists.
> Most releases are a team effort and build on the work of others. I
> will though be proactively trying to get it done but also happy to
> have anyone else help.
>
>   ...ant

Point taken.

Simon