Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cecchinoSMI <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/23 17:14:34 UTC

The big difference between Queue and Topic

Hi to all,
I'm not very satisfy by documentation that is fournished with activeMq-CMS
project, to understand how I can do with a Queue and Topic. I well know what
happen when I use a queue...but I don't know what happen when I use a TOPIC.
I need a clear explaination and some examples, tipical applications....
When i try to monitoring a queue in the broker, I can see what happens to
them, he stays in the server broker until a consumer is not connected with
the server broker and after a new consumer connection is consumed and
deleted. But what happen to a Topic?
Best Reguards
Marco

Re: The big difference between Queue and Topic

Posted by cecchinoSMI <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok this is the documentation....
but how I specified in the message above, I need some examples (code) and I
need an explanation to monitoring a Topic in my localhost.

Re: The big difference between Queue and Topic

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html

--
Tim Bish