Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcin Zawadzki <ma...@kompakt.pl> on 2002/11/12 14:37:58 UTC

< and > characters in fo:block

I have problem with '<' and '>' characters.
I use fop for doing some reports, and from time to time I need to print something like '<empty>' or '<null>'

Of course I cannot just write this in content of <fo:block> element, becouse XML parser will expect </empty> or </null> tags, but how to print  that ????

MZ

Re: < and > characters in fo:block

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Marcin Zawadzki wrote:

> I have problem with '<' and '>' characters.
> I use fop for doing some reports, and from time to time I need to print something like '<empty>' or '<null>'
>
> Of course I cannot just write this in content of <fo:block> element, becouse XML parser will expect </empty> or </null> tags, but how to print  that ????

Use xml predefined entities: &lt; for < and &amp; for &, so

<fo:block>
	&lt;empty>
</fo:block>

--