Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/08/22 10:52:51 UTC

Folder Permissions taken over by Tomcat 4

Hello,

We have a Red Hat Linux 7.2 Server with Tomcat v4.0.3 installed, and a web
application configured, let's say myApps.
In this webapps/myApps folder, there are folders which we have shared
through SMB so that Windows users can access them, and we have also changed
the folder's permissions, so that these users can modify their contents.
Everything works fine.

The problem here is when we have to restart Tomcat 4, all permissions under
that webapps/myApps folder are restored this way -> User : Tomcat 4, Group :
Tomcat 4.
So this means that all our permissions settings are cleared ! And we have to
set them back again each time we restart Tomcat 4 (in case of a server
reboot, or major application change, etc), which is quite annoying.

Is there a way to avoid this ?
Thank you very much
Alain

the system manager.

Re: Folder Permissions taken over by Tomcat 4

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
You're saying Tomcat runs around and changes the directory permissions?
  I find that really hard to believe...I'm running Tomcat 3.1, 4.1.12,
4.1.18, and 4.1.27 in various places and have never seen this behavior.

John

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.
Is there a specific need to make that directory a smb share directory ?