Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Peter Fry <Pe...@heywood.co.uk> on 2012/03/30 14:03:05 UTC

custom type handlers

Hi,

I'm pretty new to JCR 2 / Jackrabbit / CMIS and Chemistry.

I've looked at the following links:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/chemistry-dev/201110.mbox/%3C20
97325741.5391.1318432511839.JavaMail.tomcat@hel.zones.apache.org%3E

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-440?page=com.atlassian.jira.p
lugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

And was hoping for a bit of guidance on how much work is involved in
creating a custom type handler for a subtype of cmis:document ?

The subtype will have about 4 extra properties, initially I don't intend
to allow querying on these extra properties, just need to be able to do
CRUD on these via the OpenCMIS java client API.

Presumably I would need to:

1)      In JcrServiceFactory add code to register some sub type of
nt:file

2)      In JcrServiceFactory add code to add the custom type handler,
implementing JcrDocumentTypeHandler, is it worth subtyping
DefaultDocumentTypeHandler?

3)      Create a custom type handler.

Is there anything else?

Peter.

Best Pensions Administration Software at the FT Pensions and Investment Provider Awards

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please inform the sender by email immediately then delete the original e-mail and any attachments from your system.
Heywood Limited. Registered in England No. 4161207. Registered Office: Aquila House 35 London Road Redhill Surrey RH1 1NJ

Please think about your environment before printing