Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Enke Michael <Mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2001/08/16 12:46:14 UTC

session-invalidator and back-button?

Hi,
I tryed the web-application demo from cocoon2
where a login and logout can be performed.
But after logout if I press the back button of my browser
I get back into protected area without authorization.
How can this be avoided?

Michael

Re: session-invalidator and back-button?

Posted by Adrian Geissel <ag...@zenark.com>.
The solution presented is not a Cocoon specific solution, but rather
addressess the issue of the client-side browser keeping a history.
In a past life, we coded an application to do this using JavaScript that the
browser used to spawn the protected window. All pages accessed and presented
within the window are basically unchanged, therefore only requiring
JavaScript on the Login and Logout pages.

This is not an elegant solution, but it can work once you cater for the
major browsers (script variances).
Cheers
Adrian

Posted by Adrian Geissel <ag...@zenark.com>.
Hi,

I should have mentioned in my last reply that it is still the responsibility
of your application to ensure that sensitive content is protected - using
session parameters, or whatever. The solution I presented is for the
client-side issue.

Cheers
Adrian

Posted by Enke Michael <Mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.

AW: session-invalidator and back-button?

Posted by Jorn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
I think it could be archived by setting the expiration-date in the
http-header.

There are some meta-tags you can set in the html.