Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/18 01:18:54 UTC

Bug in Directory + FSDirectory (?)

Hi!

This is my first post to Lucene ML, so please excuse the following message
if completely wrong :-). We are trying to upgrade Jackrabbit to support
Lucene 1.9.1. At a first problem we needed to change the access modified of
a method from protected to public, but this was not a problem. The second
problem we are facing is a ClassCastException in Directory, FSDirectory
usage, and here is the reason I believe it's causing it:

a call to FSDirectory.createFile which doesn't override Directory.createFile,
results in a call to FSDirectory.createOutput which returns FSIndexOutput.
But createFile method should return OutputStream, so this results in a
ClassCastException.

Am I interpretting things wrongly or can this be considered a bug in Lucene
1.9.1?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.