Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2015/08/29 14:48:47 UTC

Bolt with information on submitting bolt/spout

I have been trying to find what properties are available in a bolt that
are having the name of the bolt/spout delivering the tupels.

I would like to create a bolt that archives to a csv file having (part
of) the name of the originating spout/bolt.

(I am just starting with streamparse)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
F1 Outsourcing Development Sp. z o.o.
Poland

t:  +48 (0)124466845
f:  +48 (0)124466843
e:  marc@f1-outsourcing.eu

Re: Bolt with information on submitting bolt/spout

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.
The information you are looking for is provided by each incoming Tuple
of Bolt.execute(Tuple).

For example, tuple.getSourceComponent()

Have a look here for other available methods:
https://storm.apache.org/javadoc/apidocs/backtype/storm/tuple/Tuple.html

-Matthias