Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/07/22 19:37:03 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by JoaquinCasares

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The "FAQ" page has been changed by JoaquinCasares:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=125&rev2=126

   * [[#jconsole_array_arg|Why can't I call jmx method X on jconsole? (ex. getNaturalEndpoints)]]
   * [[#max_key_size|What's the maximum key size permitted?]]
   * [[#ubuntu_hangs|I'm using Ubuntu with JNA, and holy crap weird things keep hanging and stalling and printing scary tracebacks in dmesg!]]
+  * [[#schema_disagreement|How do I fix schema disagreement errors?]]

  <<Anchor(cant_listen_on_ip_any)>>

@@ -498, +499 @@

  If you have more information on the problem and better ways to avoid it, please do update this space.

+ <<Anchor(schema_disagreement)>>
+ == How do I fix schema disagreement errors? ==
+
+ This is no longer a problem in Cassandra 0.8, but is still seen in 0.7.
+
+ First, you should open the cassandra-cli and run:
+ connect localhost/9160;
+ describe cluster;
+
+ Note which schemas are in the minority and mark down those IPs. Then login to each of those machines and stop the Cassandra service/process by running 'sudo service cassandra stop' or 'kill <pid>'. Then, remove the schema* and migration* sstables inside of your /var/lib/cassandra/data/system folder (based on default settings).
+
+ After starting up Cassandra again, your node will notice the missing information and pull in the correct data from the cluster.
+
+ To confirm everything is on the same schema, use the cassandra-cli to confirm 'describe cluster;' only returns one schema version.
+