Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Crishantha Nanayakkara <Cr...@virtusa.com> on 2004/07/01 09:56:35 UTC

Help on WSS4j

Hi,

I am using WSS4J to sign a SOAP message. But I am getting the following exception when it verifies the signature just before the service call in the server.(In WSDoAllReceiver.java)

I2004-07-01 13:05:51,175 [ERROR] : STDERR -- java.lang.NullPointerException

2004-07-01 13:05:51,175 [ERROR] : STDERR -- 	at org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.getAttributeNodeNS(ElementNode2.java:432)

2004-07-01 13:05:51,191 [ERROR] : STDERR -- 	at org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.hasAttributeNS(ElementNode2.java:388)

2004-07-01 13:05:51,191 [ERROR] : STDERR -- 	at com.arasys.webservice.security.WSSecurityUtil.findElementById(WSSecurityUtil.java:253)

What could be the cause for this error?  This happens in the WSSecurityUtil.getElementByWsuId(elem.getOwnerDocument(), uri) method in WSSecurityEngine.java. This returns a null value.

Regards
Crishantha

Re: Passing Arrays

Posted by David Beahm <db...@mihp.com>.
I've been trying to get info on this as well.  Can you show me the
beginning and end of the relevant Java class method, and some idea about
how you are sending it (JavaScript, PHP, etc.)?  Sending and receiving
Strings is so easy that I have considered using tab-delimited Strings,
as String.split("(\t){1}") turns the String into an array of Strings in
one shot.  I guess that's one possibility for you.

Best,
David Beahm

Hrishikesh Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   We are supposed to pass an array of strings to the SOAP Service from the
> client. Currently we are using the Http Get request kind of client invokin
> the SOAP service. Do you know how we can pass arrays of strings from the
> browser, what has to be typed in the url to achieve this.
>
>   we tried passing like &number=1&number=2&number=3 and so on, but only th
> first value is the only what can be obtained on the server side.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Hrishikesh.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please contact the sender.

Passing Arrays

Posted by Hrishikesh Kumar <Hr...@caritor.com>.

Hi All,

  We are supposed to pass an array of strings to the SOAP Service from the
client. Currently we are using the Http Get request kind of client invoking
the SOAP service. Do you know how we can pass arrays of strings from the
browser, what has to be typed in the url to achieve this.

  we tried passing like &number=1&number=2&number=3 and so on, but only the