Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2015/10/28 03:25:02 UTC

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Hi,

>  I need my ASF account (as a committer) set up before I can get started with their CMS.

I believe your account has been created.

> We want to put up a basic Mynewt incubator project website as soon as possible. I was thinking of using the Apache CMS to publish the documentation that is currently on the github repository (I can push the local repo to the Apache SVN)

Looking a little further into it you may want to cosider publishing out of github into the Apache CMS using infra supported gitwcsub. [1]

That to me seem the least amount of work and means all content is in the same place. Could also accept pull requests etc etc

You’ll need to raise a infra JIRA to add support for this.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> 1) I don't think gitwcsub can publish from a github repo

Sorry I should of been clearer. Not any random github repo no, but one located here [1] just like [2].

> Seems we should be able to clone the github docco, and push it into an
> asf-site branch here (per the instructions you ref'd).

Yep.

Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/mynewt-www
2. https://github.com/apache/couchdb-www

Re: Mynewt Incubation web site

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >  I need my ASF account (as a committer) set up before I can get started
> with their CMS.
>
> I believe your account has been created.
>
> > We want to put up a basic Mynewt incubator project website as soon as
> possible. I was thinking of using the Apache CMS to publish the
> documentation that is currently on the github repository (I can push the
> local repo to the Apache SVN)
>
> Looking a little further into it you may want to cosider publishing out of
> github into the Apache CMS using infra supported gitwcsub. [1]

Two things:

1) I don't think gitwcsub can publish from a github repo
2) we should have the website local to the ASF anyways

Seems we should be able to clone the github docco, and push it into an
asf-site branch here (per the instructions you ref'd).

Cheers,
-g