Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com> on 2000/03/25 13:28:09 UTC

Offline Cocoon 2

hI,

When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's there
already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able to
write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web sites on
servers I can't control)

Ross

Re: Offline Cocoon 2

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> > > When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's
there
> > > already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able
> > > write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web
sites on
> > > servers I can't control)
> >
> > It's not yet there... And I don't have an ETA right now. It's not a
> > priority for me (I need things like generators generation before that!).
>
> It seems like this oughta be pretty simple to do without touching cocoon
> itself - just deploy the site on a development server and run wget on the
> root node(s) (might have multiple entry points but certainly no dynamic
> content to worry about). Is there some reason that this wouldn't at least
> be a good workaroud?

I'd like to be able to type "make" and watch it build - wget would work but
is a bit hacky...  Next week I'm going to play with Stylebook as theres a
web site I do which needs a major overhaul (about a meg of new content
arrived) so I might as well XML it too.

The Plan:
* XML-ize web site
* Create stylebook files
* Generate
* wait for the alpha of cocoon 2
* Convert Stylebook styles to a Cocoon 2 sitemap and XSL files

Has anybody apart from Pier used Stylebook?

Ross Burton

Re: Offline Cocoon 2

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Ross Burton wrote:
> >
> > hI,
> >
> > When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's there
> > already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able to
> > write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web sites on
> > servers I can't control)
>
> It's not yet there... And I don't have an ETA right now. It's not a
> priority for me (I need things like generators generation before that!).

It seems like this oughta be pretty simple to do without touching cocoon
itself - just deploy the site on a development server and run wget on the
root node(s) (might have multiple entry points but certainly no dynamic
content to worry about). Is there some reason that this wouldn't at least
be a good workaroud?

- donald

Re: Offline Cocoon 2

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Ross Burton wrote:

> hI,
>
> When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's there
> already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able to
> write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web sites on
> servers I can't control)

It's not yet there... And I don't have an ETA right now. It's not a
priority for me (I need things like generators generation before that!).

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>