Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Triquoit Mathieu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/12 15:39:54 UTC

Order the deployment

Hi,

Is there a way to order the deployment ? When I want to publish to my
customer a fresh version, I cannot order the deployment but I have some kind
of dependencies between some modules ?

I would like to write somewhere deploy Module A or somethink like : "don't
deploy Module B before module A" ?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Mathieu

Re: Order the deployment

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
thats osgi.. your bundles get resolved as they come in.
On "package" resolver level this is what the framework will do for
you. You don't have to care!
If a bundle has missing imports, its just stays in install state. once
the requirements are satisfied it becomes "resolved".
And if startlevel is reached, they will get started properly.

Have you tried it yourself ? Your problem just should not exist.

Re: Order the deployment

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
As long as Module A is installed when Module C is also installed, this
works perfectly, since Module A will be resolved along Module C when C
is started.

Regards
Felix

Re: Order the deployment