Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by bo...@codehaus.org on 2004/10/29 20:10:49 UTC

Introduction

Howdy hivers--

Just wanted to introduce myself before I dive in an start making an
annoyance of myself.

I'm Bob McWhirter, working with the guys from BEA on the user experience
and presentation of the project (build, tutorials, docs, etc).  Some of
you may know me from my activities with the Codehaus and the ASF in various
projects.

I just got back from meeting with Eddie, Kyle and Ken in Boulder.  We came
up with various things to be done before ApacheCon, so I'll be getting that
into Jira real soon now, for others to comment upon.

I've gone through the lists looking at issues with regards to docs and
builds, but would also like to solicit any other pain-points anyone might
have with regard to non-code things.  I'm not going to be fixing bugs or
writing code, but rather focusing on the build, docs, tutorials, distributions,
and the other spit'n'polish that'll help make the project more successful.

Feel free to reply here or send mail directly to me via bob@codehaus.org.

	Thanks!

	-bob mcwhirter