Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by gufiya <gu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/26 09:20:05 UTC

Re: James quits shortly after startup for unknown reason

I have the same problem here.
Here is a flow to reproduce it:
1. Download James3-beta4
2. Update "james-database.properties" to use MySQL
3. Put "mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar" in conf/lib dir
4. Install service with "james install" script
5. Run James with "james start" script
5. Same problem happens:
  5a. James start and stops after 2 seconds
  5b. nothing relevant appears in logfile (only if you turn on debug mode,
as people here mentioned).
6. My machine:
  6a. Windows 7 with all updates
  6b. JDK6 update 30
  6c. JAVA_HOME, JDK\bin PATH and admin privileges were all set

Can you please check it out?
This version is simply useless for me if I want to use MySQL.

Re: James quits shortly after startup for unknown reason

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gufiya,

It should be fixed in 3.0-beta5 (unreleased). To fix bet4 change
wrapper.conf and add conf/lib to the classpath (or use run.sh to start
james which builds the classpath ok).

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMESAPP-8

Cheers,

Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com