Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2002/01/31 09:08:31 UTC

mod_perl Developer's Cookbook

My copy just arrived! I'll try and get through most of it as fast as I can
and post a review.

Congrats Geoff, Paul and Randy. Looks great at first glance.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->

Re: mod_perl Developer's Cookbook

Posted by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com>.

Paul> Now you're talking!  I wonder if YAS would consider funding
Paul> perl-related projects like mod_perl?  Perhaps if we had a big name
Paul> (Ticketmaster?) we could get the ball rolling on such a thing..

YAS isn't a magic bullet.  YAS can certainly act as a tax-exempt
pipeline, but you're really asking "can the mod_perl community find it
amongst themselves to fund a developer or two similar to how Damian
was funded last year?"

Maybe.  Maybe not.

Until Damian and Dan and Larry get funded for this year, probably not. :)
<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: mod_perl Developer's Cookbook

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Paul Lindner wrote:

> > I won't deal with amazon:  http://www.noamazon.com
>
> I just added a page with direct links for eight other bookstores.
> It's now available at http://www.modperlcookbook.org/order.html

Amazon are the cheapest though:
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/0672322404  :-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/         !try; do();
more than a billion impressions per week, http://valueclick.com

Re: mod_perl Developer's Cookbook

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:18:55PM -0800, Joe Brenner wrote:

> > ordered my today through the website (puts a little extra money
> > in the hands of mod_perlers:
> >
> > http://www.modperlcookbook.org/
>
> I just ordered mine through fatbrain, myself...

Thanks!

Paul Lindner    lindner@inuus.com   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org
         Human Rights Declaration   http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/index.htm

Re: mod_perl Developer's Cookbook

Posted by clayton cottingham <dr...@telus.net>.
FYI canadians based in vancouver can get
this at
http://www.granvillebooks.com/

ive had way better experience ordering from them than
ordering from chapters
they tell me itll take two weeks though as its a brand new item

if you are in this area please check em out they have a great selection,
and
their comp book are pretty much always 20% off!

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/