Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Siddhartha Jain <si...@netmagicsolutions.com> on 2001/01/08 19:18:48 UTC

mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Hi,

I have been trying to compile mod-perl (various 1.21 to 1.24_01 ) on Solaris
2.6 with apache (various 1.3.11 to 1.3.14) with perl-5.005003 and also
perl-5.6. If i compile it statically, i get a core dump on running apache
and if i compile it via apxs, i get a "Symbol not found main, in libperl.so"
error. I had compiled perl-5.6 using Solaris's malloc and later i compiled
perl-5.005 with perl's malloc but nothing helped. I am mostly at my wits
ends having tried all sorts of combinations. Could someone help me?

Siddhartha Jain

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Siddhartha Jain <si...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
oh! Sorry, i didn't mention but i have already applied all the latest Sun
recommended patches on the machine. Now what?

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Jimi Thompson <jt...@link.com>.

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Siddhartha Jain <si...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
And i tried every possible way given in the INSTALL.*

> > I have been trying to compile mod-perl (various 1.21 to 1.24_01 ) on
Solaris
> > 2.6 with apache (various 1.3.11 to 1.3.14) with perl-5.005003 and also
> > perl-5.6. If i compile it statically, i get a core dump on running
apache
> > and if i compile it via apxs, i get a "Symbol not found main, in
libperl.so"
> > error. I had compiled perl-5.6 using Solaris's malloc and later i
compiled
> > perl-5.005 with perl's malloc but nothing helped. I am mostly at my wits
> > ends having tried all sorts of combinations. Could someone help me?
> >
> > Siddhartha Jain
>
> I just did this myself(migrating our cluster from linux to solaris(not by
choice)).
> I am using perl-5.6,apache_1.3.14, and mod_perl-1.24_01 on Solaris2.7
though.

> One thing to check is to make sure the same compiler is being used to
> compile all the various parts. (e.g. I installed gcc in /usr/local
> so I put /usr/local/bin first in my path, also made a symlink cc -> gcc)
>
> What commands did you use to configure?
> vanilla mod_perl, like this?:
> cd ../mod_perl-x.xx
> perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.14/src

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Siddhartha Jain <si...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
Okay ... the compiler i've been using all along is gcc-2.95.2. If i compile
only apache, it runs fine but if i add any kind of mod_perl, it crashes.

Siddhartha

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Danny Rathjens <dk...@hq.mycity.com>.

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Siddhartha Jain <si...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
Is the answer using LD_PRELOAD? But i remember having compiled successfully
on Solaris 7 x86. Anyway, please tell me if there is anyway other than using
the LD_PRELOAD option.

Siddhartha

Re: mod-perl on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Jeff Beard <be...@cyberxape.com>.