Posted to announce@apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2019/06/18 16:07:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 1.4.0 released

On behalf of the Apache Bigtop team, I'd love to announce the general
availability of the Bigtop 1.4.0 release.

The release is available here:
    https://bigtop.apache.org/download.html#releases

A few highlights of this release include:
- Integration Test Framework 2.0: one-stop integrated build and test
  framework at a single entry: ./gradlew [1]
- Newly developed Smoke Test CI Matrix to guard the quality of releases [2]
- Hadoop 2.8.5, Spark 2.2.3, Flink 1.6.0, Alluxio 1.8.1 and more [3]
- 100+ JIRAs are resolved in this release

With Bigtop 1.4.0 the community continues to deliver the most advanced big
data stack to date. More details about 1.4.0 release are here:
    https://bigtop.apache.org/release-notes.html

Deploying Bigtop is easy: grab the repo/list file for your favorite Linux
distribution:
  https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/bigtop/bigtop-1.4.0/repos/
and you'll be running your very own big data cluster in no time!

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to report
problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:
  https://bigtop.apache.org

Lastly, I want to emphasize that this is a collaborative work done by
project
contributors and other communities, who continue to devote time to make
Bigtop a better software. Thank you all for making this release possible!

Thanks,
Evans Ye, Release Manager

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Quickstart+Guide%3A+Bigtop+Integration+Test+Framework+2.0
[2]
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-trunk-smoke-tests-1.4.0/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3162

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 1.4.0 released

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@boudnik.org>.
Quite an achievement, thanks for driving this, Evans!
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Great work, indeed! Thank you very much Evans!

Olaf

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great work Evans .!.!.!

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great work Evans .!.!.!

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Youngwoo Kim (김영우)" <yw...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks for your efforts.

Time to move forward... Let's make a chance to discuss about future
directions.

Youngwoo

Posted by "Youngwoo Kim (김영우)" <yw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Thank you everyone. With out the community's support this will not happen!

Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> 於 2019年6月27日 週四 下午3:28寫道:

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "Youngwoo Kim (김영우)" <yw...@apache.org>.