Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/07 14:03:44 UTC

Issues with Decommissioning MAchine

Hi,

I am using hadoop 0.20.2 and have decommissioned one of my servers. It has
around 300G's of data which if I am correct will be distributed across the
other machines and slowly all the blocks will be moved from the
decommissioned machine.

The issue I am facing is from the past 6hours I do not see any change in
capacity of neither the machine which has been decommissioned nor the other
machines.

How should I verify if the decommissioning process is in progress?

Note: Namanode says it has started decommission of the machine, even its UI
show decommission in progress.

Please help me out here.

Thanks
Divye Sheth