Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Greg Cope <gj...@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk> on 2000/07/22 16:45:21 UTC

Re: YAM (Yet Another Module) - an IPC shared cache thing - anyone interested ?

JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:

> Sorry, sounds like you could have just used Apache::StatINC, no?

Apache::StatINC only reloads your perl modules if they change.

My module loads (HTML) templates into a shared IPC memory segment - or
rather anything that can be stored as a scalar (limits of IPC::ShareLite
- if you need to store other things you would need to use Storable, or
Data::Dumper).

I do not use it to store perl modules, only to store all my html
templates.

Does that make sense ?

Greg Cope