Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/05 18:23:05 UTC

Remote Testing

Hi:
I am doing the Database Performance Test and I would like to do Remote
Testing. I was reading the Jmeter Manual for Remote testing and I was not
able to understand the following statement:

"The recommended approach is to have one or more machines on the same
Ethernet segment as your application server that you configure to run the
JMeter Engine. This will minimize the impact of the network on the test
results without impacting the performance of the application serer itself. "

Please clarify.

Thanks

Re: Remote Testing

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
if you didn't read the tutorial on distributed testing, I would recommend
doing that.

There's 2 reasons why you want jmeter on the same ethernet segment. More
specifically on the same subnet. java RMI doesn't work over multiple subnets
out of the box, so jmeter has the same requirements.

peter