Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Klippel <br...@theport.com> on 2009/07/23 12:02:14 UTC

Question re SOLR-920 Cache and reuse schema

Where would the shared schema.xml be located (same as solr.xml?),  and how would dynamic schema play into this? Would each core's dynamic schema still be independent?

Re: Question re SOLR-920 Cache and reuse schema

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Question re SOLR-920 Cache and reuse schema
:     <69...@mail.gmail.com>

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

RE: Question re SOLR-920 Cache and reuse schema

Posted by Brian Klippel <br...@theport.com>.
Thanks.  I'm going to give it a shot on my dev server, is there a way to determine whether the shared object or a distinct object has been selected?

Brian

shareSchema tries to see if the schema.xml from a given file and
timestamp is already loaded . if yes ,the old object is re-used.

All the cores which load the same file will share a single object

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Brian Klippel <br...@theport.com> wrote:

>   and how would dynamic schema play into this? Would each core's dynamic
> schema still be independent?

I guess you mean dynamic fields. If so, then yes, you will still be able to
add values to dynamic fields for each core independently.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.