Posted to users@flex.apache.org by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com> on 2015/08/24 12:41:45 UTC

Flex Mobile Application not compiling in standard mode

Hi,

i am using Flash builder 7.7 and 4.12.0 sdk for making my Flex Mobile
applications using esri map in it.
But, when it comes to compiling for iOS in standard mode, this gives java
run time exception, whereas the application get compiled in fast mode and
runs on iPad.

Does, anyone knows what might be the problem for this.

Thanks.

Re: Flex Mobile Application not compiling in standard mode

Posted by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com>.
Thankx qucick6black.

it worked.

Re: Flex Mobile Application not compiling in standard mode

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
try using the latest Apache Flex SDK with the latest version of adobe air. I
also have a flex mobile application using the ESRI Flex API, I was able to
compile it fine but sometimes the app would just crash on launch. Using the
latest of both resolved my issue, it also worked fine when I compiled it
fast. Only crashed when I used the standard slower compiler.

Re: Flex Mobile Application not compiling in standard mode

Posted by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com>.
I am generating .ipa file only. But, i am also using a esri map with in my
application.
Without the map the application is compiling in standard mode (In Windows
with 6GB of RAM) as well, but with map it generates error and stops.

Re: Flex Mobile Application not compiling in standard mode

Posted by Dave Glasser <dg...@pobox.com>.
Are you compiling on a non-Mac machine?

I have a Flex iOS app that I build from the command line with an ant script. It takes a long time to run. (I'm talking about building the .ipa file, not just compiling the .swf. That part is fast.)

Anyway, each and every time I've tried to build on a Windows machine, even with 32GB of RAM, it runs for a while then gives a Java Runtime exception. Actually, IIRC, it's a low-level JVM crash exception. The only place I've ever gotten the build to complete is on a Macbook Pro. Since I have access to a Macbook Pro I never put any effort into trying to figure out why the JVM crash is happening on the Windows machines where I've tried it.