Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/01 13:19:37 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Using bouncycastle fips instead bouncycastle non-fips

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 4:35 PM Zixuan Liu <no...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > users might get exceptions if they don't use specific algorithms or
> encryption schemes?
>
> Could you share more info about this?

Actually I was expecting that part of the discussion will specify the
difference between using FIPS compared with non-FIPS, in each BouncyCastle
usage: TLS and message encryption.

 I imagined that FIPS has a shorter list of ciphers it supports.

Posted by Zixuan Liu <no...@gmail.com>.
> So it means the change is only on the client side, not the broker side?

pulsar-functions also depend on BC. In the Pulsar, we only use the BC or
BC-FIPS, right now we are using the BC.

> we could consider that in the future. current way is to align with the
old manner.
I talked to jia,  BC is used for compatibility with old users.

Maybe we shouldn't break that.

Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> 于2023年3月6日周一 20:03写道:

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zixuan Liu <no...@gmail.com>.