Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com> on 2003/03/24 16:20:22 UTC

build profiles (WAS Re: [proposal] a new kind of 'dist')

At 05:14 AM 3/24/2003, Stefano wrote:

>Hmmm, I was thinking about adding build profiles the other day.. something
>like:
>
>  ./build.sh --profile=[profile] webapp
>
>that will override the build properties from
>
>  [profile].properties
>
>that include several different configuration properties that drive stuff like
>
>  - inclusion/exclusion of stuff from the webapp
>  - development/production version (debug on/off, security low/high)
>
>and stuff like that.
>
>What do you think?
>
>Stefano.

This would be awesome, by the way.  I had been thinking of making an xsl
file to transform from "standard" config (web.xml, cocoon.xconf, etc.) to
my desired config to make upgrading easier.  Add my datasource, remove
hsql, turn off autosave uploads, turn off cocoon-reload, etc.

Would this be a means to achieve this (would mean moving build.properties
back to xml FAPP) or do you envision another dimension the build properties
like include.scratchpad.default
include.scratchpad.secure

etc.?

Geoff