Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org> on 2016/05/06 16:43:42 UTC

Manta Object Store Support

I'm trying to get started contributing to Apache Drill. I've got the
project checked out and it is building to my satisfaction. Right now, I'm
trying to add support for the open source object store Manta (
https://github.com/joyent/manta). I thought that this would be a good
learning project.

Initially, I want to add support in the same way that S3 has support.
However, I can't seem to find a reference to the S3 storage driver in the
code base. Is the s3 storage driver part of a different project? How would
you suggest that I get started?

Thank you,
Elijah Zupancic

Re: Manta Object Store Support

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
It should "just work". Nothing in the logs?

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.
Hi Tomer,

Thanks for your advice about creating a Hadoop FileSystem implementation. I just finished a prototypical implementation of a Hadoop file system for Manta: https://github.com/dekobon/hadoop-manta <https://github.com/dekobon/hadoop-manta>

Posted by Tomer Shiran <ts...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org>.
Please disregard this. I’ve figured out how to get it working. Once I realized that error logging for Hadoop Filesystem drivers wasn’t enabled by logback by default, then everything clicked into place. I’ll be back to ask more questions.

Thank you for your time,
Elijah Zupancic