Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz> on 2008/03/27 08:40:10 UTC

Setting Extended Persistence Context

Hello, everybody.

How I can change context to "Extended Persistence Context" outside a EJB
container ?

The example 3.1 of OpenJPA documentation don't compile due the error

"em = factory.createEntityManager(PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED) ;

The method createEntityManager(Map) in the type EntityManagerFactory is
not applicable for the arguments (PersistenceContextType)"

Best regards
Georgi

Re: Setting Extended Persistence Context

Posted by Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz>.
Hello, Michael,

You are right, it's my fault, but I want to switch persistence context
(Transaction/Extended) for some tests and have not luck with the example
from OpenJPA documentation.

Best regards
Georgi

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georgi,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Georgi,

Oops, don't know where that came from. It's a bug in the example code.

Outside the container environment, all you can use is extended
persistence context, so there's no use for the flag.

Could you please file a JIRA so we notify you once it's been fixed?
Thanks.

Craig

On Mar 27, 2008, at 12:40 AM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:

> Hello, everybody.
>
> How I can change context to "Extended Persistence Context" outside a
> EJB
> container ?
>
> The example 3.1 of OpenJPA documentation don't compile due the error
>
> "em = factory.createEntityManager(PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED) ;
>
> The method createEntityManager(Map) in the type EntityManagerFactory
> is
> not applicable for the arguments (PersistenceContextType)"
>
> Best regards
> Georgi

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com