Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2012/12/12 08:38:48 UTC

Suggestion to commits and Jira

Hi,

I just wanted to have a look at what Jose did to fix a bug in the Mavenizer. My usual workflow for this is to go to the Jira Issue and select the "Source" tab. In all of the Jira+SVN/GIT combinations I have seen Jira displays the commits related to that particular issue. I couldn't find a single issue in which Jira found anything.

Is this feature not turned on or did simply no one check in any code with a comment containing the Jira issue id of the related issue?

I would strongly suggest to link the code repo and Jira and to prefix commit-comments with Jira issue Id of the issue the checkin relates to (Ideally with the title of the Issue) in order to get this cool bonus functionality. If one commit addresses a bunch of issues simply mentioning them all in the commit statement, would also make that particular cheking appear on all of these issues detail-pages.

Just a suggestion :)

Chris

Re: AW: Suggestion to commits and Jira

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> Otherwise you would have to register for the commit list

Yes

> and keep everything in order to do searches there

and yes too :P

- Fred

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Re: Suggestion to commits and Jira

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so it seems that the "Source"-Tab functionality is broken as well as only few Committers add the Issue numbers ... good to know ;-)

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> OK, so can someone explicitly put the steps and an example in this email
> and
on the wiki?

It's not better to do it as soon as the feature won't be broken anymore ?

- Fred

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Suggestion to commits and Jira

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Suggestion to commits and Jira

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

But Still, good to know that's the normal workflow, even if it's broken at
the moment, I keep that in mind.

- Fred

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,