Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/09/14 21:19:04 UTC

Re: curious about the command line

Hello Khote!

k> I'm interested in learning how maven gets parameters from the command line.
k> I saw

k> <maven:param-check value=${goal} fail="true">
k>  some fail message
k> </maven:param-check>

k> Q: is -Dgoal=xxx the only acceptable variable (goal), is there a way to
k> use -Darg=yyy for example.

Guess this is a regular thing with java.exe: you pass -Da=b and
get system property a equals to b. I guess Maven (or rather Jelly)
just makes system properties visible as scripting variables.

So yes, you can use not only goad but any name you like.

k> Q: only one -D per command line?  -Dgoal=1st -Dgoal=2nd

No, as much as you like.

k> Q: what is the particular variable to ask about what's on the command line?

Here I can't help, not an expert :)

Anton