Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jon Cyr <jo...@cloudyit.com> on 2012/04/05 18:56:28 UTC

Configuration Questions

I'm rolling out OpenMeetings, and I have a few questions.

1) I'd like to shut off the messages area... I think this is a little
confusing, and it didn't work well for me.  Is there a switch to remove
it from the top-right menu area, or do I have to learn how to build this
app from source?

2) I'm having some time zone shift problems.  The main group is in
GMT-5, but have satellite offices across the US GMT-6, GMT-7.  Should I
set the default to GMT/UTC, and then have each user declare their
timezone?  I think it's set to GMT-5 right now, and some appointments
shifted times.  What's best practices on time zones?

3) Is there a way to change the way dates display in text form.  It
keeps showing DD-MM-YYYY (European Abbreviation), where in the US,
people expect MM-DD-YYYY (US Abbreviation), or maybe DD-Month-YYYY
3-Oct-2012 would work for everybody, but introduces language into date
display?

4) I just installed 1.9.1, and I can't seem to drag files from the My
Files area, to the Room Files area.  I can upload to both, and both work
fine.  I can drag recordings from My Recordings to Group? Recordings.
Is this a bug, or is it me?

5) There's a mismatch in naming of Room types, from the Calendar Add
Event dialog, it shows, Conference, Event and Restricted.  It's unclear
to me, what Event is?  Is this me, again?

This mailing list has been very helpful, and much appreciated.  Any
insight you can provide will be much appreciated.

Jon Cyr
Warwick, RI , USA

Re: Configuration Questions

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Why should you remove that? What is the issue with it? I already almost
fixed that you can send also private messages to external users. So in that
sense the private message center will become kind of an email client.

Sebastian

Posted by Jon Cyr <jo...@cloudyit.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Cyr <jo...@cloudyit.com>.
Probably the messages area, it looks too much like eMail, and would be
confusing to users.

Thanks,

Jon

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.