Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by STEVE R BURRUS <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/27 00:15:18 UTC

Hi David Thielen

Hi Dave, u don't happen to know me at all (my name == Steve Burrus, incidentally),
but I noticed your "post" in which you mentioned the IIS--the Internet Information
Server from Microsoft! I read today, in one of my computer mags, that the IIS is
included with my copy of Windows XP, so I was naturally wondering how exactly I
can go about "unlocking" the IIS for networking purposes??!! Thank you very much.

RE: Hi David Thielen

Posted by "Sexton, George" <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
There is no XP Server edition. IIS Personal Edition is available on XP
Professional. It is not available on XP Home.

I have personally seen IIS on XP Professional. It came installed and default
enabled on a Compaq laptop.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com

IIS is on the XP server edition, but not the home or workstation edition. If
you do have Server, I don't know how to install because I use Windows 2000.

- dave

*******

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Hi David Thielen

Posted by David Thielen <da...@thielen.com>.

*******

RE: Hi David Thielen

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
Steve, check out these links for installing Tomcat with IIS

Read about 2/3rds the way down the page
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html

pretty straight forward helpfile
http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm

But, both of these links assume you understand IIS and can configure it.
If you can't, your best bet is to go to Microsoft.com and start reading
up on IIS.

- Andrew